Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two years later

2011 has come and gone and not a single post by me. Instead I've been soaking up all my time with this precious little boy, and after what I heard today, it's exactly what I should be doing.

How do you cope knowing that your child is dying? With only 9 months to live? I realized today that they will never get to plan their child's 2nd birthday party, as I'm doing. Instead they will be planning a funeral. How do you deal with that? No parent should have to.

I don't even know this couple personally, but after hearing what they're going through, I can't get them of my mind. I can't get their son off my mind. I want to hug him and her and just pray for them. I don't know why these types of things happen, but dammit it's just not fair.

Knowing this now, I hope you'll hug your child, niece, nephew, grandson, husband, wife, mother or friend a little tighter tonight. I know I will. And I vow to make 2012 a little bit more carefree and fun in light of "T".

Actually as I type, Nicholas has pulled all the straws out of the drawer and they are scattered all over the kitchen floor. Normally I'd twitch a little at the sight of this mess but today I'm going to let him empty the whole box. I can get more. They're just straws. The fact that I'm laughing at him and letting him play carelessly on the floor in a pile of straws has made his day.

Here's to a new year, making the most of our time and making as many piles of straws as possible. xoxo

No comments: