It's been so long since I've blogged. Just wanted to share an update. Andrew and I went to New York for the Fourth of July weekend with friends. We had a great time and saw all the things we hoped to see and more!
After we returned, Andrew went back to work while I battled with the "hangover" feeling. I had it while in NY but tried to be a trooper. Luckily it only lasted a couple more weeks before it went away. I have to say that overall, this pregnancy has been great. I've seen several of my friends and family go through some rough spurts. I'm just very blessed that I have not had to encounter those things.
Heartburn is gone as well! I chugged Tums for awhile like candy. However, I think my body has finally adjusted to all the changes. My stomach is beginning to harden up. No more flabby stuff. It's weird.
I had lunch with my good friend Stacie today and I told her how much it hit me last night. I was journaling in my notebook and I wrote down the word, "mom." I've never looked at that word so intensely before. When I think of the word "mom," I think of my mom. Never associated the word with anything other. But now when I write that word, I think of how I'm going to be a mom. In a few months, I will have a little baby looking up at me, knowing that I'm his/her mom. It's just such an amazing/mind-blowing feeling.
That's where I'm at right now in life. Had my first sonogram last month at 9 weeks, all was well and only ONE heartbeat! lol Andrew and I go for our next one August 17. I can't wait to see the baby again and to see how much he/she is changing. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Wow!
Until then, I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment