Andrew and I had a great Thanksgiving. We went to visit his family. They aren't very punctual but they sure can cook! We had a great meal. I brought a chicken poppy seed casserole and it was definitely a hit! I got the recipe from a co-worker's wife and have been sharing it with everyone, as I'm sure she did too.
Later that evening though, I started feeling yuck. Well, it only got worse. By Friday I had a sore throat. Saturday, I went to the doctor and they told me I had a bacterial infection. He prescribed me a z-pack which I've been taking, along with Tylenol. My sore throat is gone, but I can't quit blowing my nose. I have all this drainage and my voice sounds horrible! I stayed home from work today, but hopefully I'll be back by tomorrow.
On top of all of that, my great-grandma passed away Sunday night. I was sad when I found out, but she was 100 years old and lived a long life so that gives me peace. The obituary will be online tomorrow, and I think I might post part of it. My mom told me today that my aunt included Nicholas in it. It's going to read that my great-grandma had "11 grand children, 20 great-grandchildren, 3 great-great-grandchildren and one on the way." I thought that was very nice to include Nicholas because they really didn't have to.
Speaking of Nicholas, I'm going to work on his room some. Nothing major, but just feel like getting off the couch for a bit.
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and is staying warm in this new cold weather. Brrrr!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment