Monday, June 25, 2012

New perspectives

So no more babies. Not for awhile at least. My last pregnancy nearly ripped my heart out. Getting so excited about a baby only to have them taken away is one of the hardest things I've experienced. The only thing that could make that worse is having to do it 3 times. So yeah, I'm done for awhile.

Since April so much has happened. Brother graduated from college and I'm so proud of him. Relay for Life came and went. The strike is still going on but hopefully it's coming to an end. Mom is sick and while it's scary, I know God will take care of it. Baby Trek said goodbye just a few days ago. And as I type this, I realize it's been 5 years since I've said goodbye to my grandma.

Goodness, 2012 feels so full of gloom and doom. And as hard as it is, I'm trying to bag up all these emotions and make the next 6 months of the year better ones. Instead of dwelling about my angel babies, I plan to honor them as I embark on a new journey of running.Yep, running. I want to run a race for each of them this year. And not just any race. A 5K, 10K, 15K and in November, a half-marathon for all of them & Nicholas. I think it's a great way to honor them while also helping me cope and move forward in a healthy way. Plus, running helps me to clear my mind and just talk to God. I know I'll be doing a lot of it, which I need.

My first 5K is next month, July 15 and I'm nervous yet excited. Goodness, July 15 is just a few weeks away. Ahhhh! This should be interesting...

No comments: