Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gearing up again

Another procedure ahead this week. Crazy thing is that it's starting to feel normal. I have gotten so used to things over the past few weeks that saying that I have to go to the hospital again isn't seeming to even faze me. Except when I truly think about it. When I think about why I'm going then the faze is over and the worry sinks in. Still, the grass is cut. Groceries are purchased. Tomorrow laundry will be done. Things are getting a little more back to normal (as normal as they can). I'm still so amazed by others though. Especially my husband. Right now he's looking on his iPad at different bandages that might be easier on my skin. He thinks about what I need and what he can do for me constantly. He takes care of me without complain, without annoyance but with a heart full of love. He is wonderful, and I'm not sure that I could do as great as a job as he if the tables were turned. I feel like my love and appreciation for him has grown far more than I ever thought. I'm telling you, this whole situation has me seeing life and the people in it so differently. I appreciate those who are truly along for the ride with me. It's definitely surprised me. I could go on about so many. My sister especially. Her and I have gotten so close because of all of this it's ridiculous. She's been there for every procedure before and after and every day in between. Everything is just so surreal. I can only imagine how God will continue to use me and the people around me on this roller coaster.

No comments: