Sunday, August 4, 2013

Unexpected call

"Do you have a living will? Do you have a caregiver for your son?" Those two questions hit me like a ton of bricks. And now I can't stop thinking of them. I can't stop thinking of how I want nothing more than the will to live and to be the only caretaker to Nicholas (you know what I mean). Now, I just want to be here. I just want to celebrate every holiday and birthday and school picture. I want to celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary. It's always been precious, but now it seems so much more precious. Every moment means so much. And yes, you can tell me that everything will be fine. But when you say it, remember that you're not just saying it to say it. Say it like you believe it. Say it like that's all you pray for. Say it like you don't see it any other way. Because that's what I need to hear, not some lady asking me if I have my living will.

No comments: