Saturday, July 7, 2012

AT THE MOVIES

Today begins At the Movies, and I'm so so excited! This is a BIG time in our church where many people that don't know Christ will walk through our church doors and have their lives transformed as they hear about Jesus in a way they've never heard before. I think when you have seen it impact people the way that it does, you'd be just as excited as me. And not just adults, I've seen kids so excited and changed after hearing these messages about God. That is what really gets me. It's just amazing.

 Andrew & I prayed last night that lives will be transformed through these messages, and I strongly believe that they will.

My sister-in-law and her family are coming today to be apart of the opening day. I pray and hope that today's message impacts especially my 13 year-old niece. She's getting older and is officially a teenager this year. (Not sure how that happened. She was a tiny, innocent little 5 year-old when I met her.) She's being exposed to so much out there in the world, and hopefully this will resonate with her in a way that will help her tackle any peer pressures she may face this year.

I'll make sure to take some pics while I'm there. This year's theme for our decorations is, "The Lorax". Truffla trees everywhere!





No comments: