I had a conversation last week about the sacred title known as "best friend" aka "bestie" aka "mejor amiga". The conversation went a little like this...
Her: She called me her best friend! I don't know what to do. "J" is my best friend. I feel like that title is special.
Me: I agree.
Her: Do you have more than one best friend?
Me: No, just Mandy...well...
And from there my mind began to think. Mandy is my numero uno, the bacon to my bacon & egg taco (yes, I just said that - I'm hungry), the one who my Dad refers to as my twin or comadre. She's it. She's my best friend. She's always held that title.
And then I started to think about El Stacie. (Yep, that's her real name) Her and I have gotten really close in the last 4 years. She's the one who brought me to the church I love, we knew each other before we entered motherhood and also kept each other sane through all of it. If I am sick, she brings me soup and Gatorade. She really does.
I can depend on her, share my secrets with her and laugh with her like a best friend would.
So I guess it is possible to have more than one best friend. No one will ever replace Mandy. We've been through too dang much. Things no one will ever understand or ever learn about. (Well, maybe if I piss her off.) Bottom line though, she's always going to be my best friend. And so will Stacie.
Guess there's just more bacon for me...and that's never a bad thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment