Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rest in peace, Jerry

I found out yesterday that one of my high school classmate's passed away on Saturday. Not sure of the details, but I couldn't help but to become sad. He's only 27. He was 27. My age.

We're not supposed to go at this age. We have much to see and live out.

This is the second person from my high school class that just makes my heart sad. First, Amy Gutierrez "Little Amy" and now Jerry. I will always remember that Amy's birthday was on my anniversary, June 2. And sadly, I will always remember Jerry on my best friend's birthday, July 21.

I was especially close to Amy growing up. We had sleep-overs starting in the second grade and kept in contact with each other until the day we graduated. Actually, even after that thanks to Myspace and her brother who I always saw at HEB every time I went home. Still do. And every time I see him, I hug him and even though we never say it, we're reminded of Amy each time we do.

Jerry was a friend from high school who sang and laughed and always carried around his guitar. He made me and the rest of our school smile. He always had a smile on his face and could care less what people thought about him. In being so carefree and loving, we thought nothing but great things about him.

I remember talking on the phone and him singing me songs, chatting on AOL (yep, makes me laugh now) and giving him rides home. Well him and his guitar.

Sweet, kind Jerry, you will be missed.

Rest in peace.



No comments: